Dormans Park - £1, RH19 2LT
* Entrance hall with vaulted ceiling and exposed timbers. Stairs leading to the first floor with impressive large glazed window overlooking the front
* Re-fitted cloakroom
* Drawing room – a triple aspect room with views over the gardens, impressive brick fireplace with gas log effect wood burning style stove
* Family room with views and French doors opening onto the rear terrace
* Dining room with windows to the rear, feature fireplace
* Study with bay window overlooking the front garden
* Kitchen / Breakfast room with windows to the side and French doors to the front terrace. Range of wall and base units with granite worktops, double Butler’s sink with boiling hot water tap, central island, electric hob with oven below, cream gas Aga with brick surround. Maytag fridge freezer, dishwasher.
* Utility room with door to rear
* Landing, large feature window overlooking front garden, electric blind
* Master bedroom with bay window to front
* Re-fitted en-suite bathroom with separate walk-in shower and dressing room
* Guest bedroom with built-in wardrobes
* Re-fitted en-suite bathroom
* 2 further double bedrooms
* Family bathroom with walk-in shower
The property is approached from this private park via electronically operated gates over a brick driveway leading to a parking area. The front gardens are laid to lawn with pretty pond and circular stone water feature. There is an area of garden to the side, and to the rear is a double garage with additional open bay barn and log store. Lawned area, terrace and decked seating area. Also, in the rear garden there is a beautiful oak framed garden room/summer house with wood burning stove and bi-folding doors to terrace, ideal for alfresco entertaining.
This detached double fronted residence was constructed about 15 years ago in the Edwardian style, creating a character home designed for modern living. There is the benefit of gas fired central heating and double glazed windows. There are oak strip floors to entrance hall, reception rooms and landing. Since built, the bathrooms have been re-appointed and they also have underfloor heating. The well appointed kitchen, including an Aga, is the ‘hub’ of the house with double doors to terrace and direct access to two of the reception rooms. The current owner has carried out a number of improvements, which include the construction of a striking oak framed garden room/summer house and an open barn garage.
The property is located in a no-through road within Dormans Park. The origins of the park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse.
There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit our own dedicated site: