Dormans Park - £1, RH19 2LS
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION
· Entrance Porch & Lobby
· Hallway with roof lights providing natural light over open plan staircase
· Triple Aspect Living Area, views over grounds, folding doors to raised deck area, ideal space for entertaining. The living space is open plan to:
· Superb Kitchen area, extensive work surfaces and storage cupboards, island housing ceramic induction
hob and extractor over, 3 Miele ovens. Dual inset sinks
· Family Room, an ideal open plan area suitable for a variety of uses including gym, office or TV room. 2 sets of French doors leading to private courtyard garden
· Large Laundry/Utility Room, work surfaces, plumbing for 2 washing machines & tumble drier, stainless steel sink unit. The room is situated off the family room so these rooms combined have the potential to create an annexe
· Master Bedroom, walk-in dressing area, ensuite with roll top bath, walk- in glass fronted shower, low level WC, hand basin and sauna
· 4 further bedrooms (2 with built-in wardrobes)
· Family Bathroom – with roof light
· Double garage
· Mature grounds with many established specimen trees, lawn, flower and herbaceous borders, courtyard and raised decking
A contemporary residence constructed in 1977 to a striking split level design. The property has the benefit of triple glazing and new gas central heating, part of which is underfloor (the open plan areas) and part from radiators (the bedrooms). The house has been significantly improved by the current owners, but there is scope for a buyer to make their own mark on the property.
Situated on the West Sussex/Surrey borders, the origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 21/2 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse. There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit: