Dormans Park, West Sussex, RH19 2NE
Originally built in the early 1900’s, the property has been subject to an extensive program of refurbishment and extension, which combines period features within contemporary living.
The house is approached through a set of electronically operated gates to a gravelled driveway, flanked by lawns on either side. A particular feature is the substantial triple garage complex, with electrically operated doors. On the ground floor (behind the garaging bays) is a large garden room with french doors to the outside. There is a cloakroom and plumbing in place for a kitchenette which a new owner could install. On the first floor, there is a large studio, ideal for a variety of uses.
* Reception Hall, with oak staircase
* Triple Aspect Drawing Room with period stone fireplace
* Dining Room with hardwood, dark oak floors and French Doors to the rear terrace
* Kitchen/Breakfast Room with porcelain tiled floor, white wooden units under white granite work surfaces. American style fridge freezer, gas range cooker, dishwasher and wine cooler
* Family Room with relaxed dining area
* Utility Room with integrated appliances and a new boiler providing hot water to the newly installed central heating system
* Master Suite – dual aspect with en-suite bathroom
* Guest bedroom with en-suite shower room
* 2 further double bedrooms
* Single bedroom/Study
* Family Bathroom
* Triple Garage with garden room and first floor studio
* Level landscaped gardens, mature borders of rhododendrons and mature shrubs, paved terrace adjacent to kitchen and family room
* About 0.88 of an acre in all
The origins of the park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse.
There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit our own dedicated site: www.dormanspark.com