Dormans Park, West Sussex, RH19 2NB
* Reception Hall, polished hardwood strip floor
* Double Aspect Drawing Room, feature fireplace with stone surround, wide bay window, door to Sun Room, door to garden
* Double Aspect Dining Room, attractive bay window
* Study, original maid’s service bell
* Family Room, original Victorian fireplace
* Impressive Kitchen/Breakfast Room, extensive range of bespoke hand built base units, granite work surfaces, matching wall cupboards, integrated equipment, ceramic tiled floor
* Utility Room, also housing gas fired boiler
* Cellars, which include 3 areas, one currently used as a gym
* Master Bedroom Suite, well appointed ensuite bathroom, separate walk-in wardrobe
* Guest bedroom with Jack & Jill bathroom
* 4 further bedrooms
* 2 further bathrooms
* Walk-in linen room, also housing hot water cylinder
* Double garage
* Range of brick and timber outbuildings. Potential for ancillary accommodation, subject to obtaining all necessary planning consents
* Mature ‘English country garden’ with stunning southerly views to the rear of the house, raised terrace, steps down to level area of lawn, wide rockery and stone steps down to lower lawn, brick pathways, paved patio, herbacious beds, many specimen trees and established hedging
* About 0.8 of an acre in all
This represents a unique opportunity to purchase one of the most substantial and elegant of the original Victorian houses situated within the private Dormans Park. The property has been subject to an extensive programme of improvements, creating both a tasteful and contemporary interior, which compliment this character home. Features typical of the period include open fireplaces, high ceiling heights and well proportioned accommodation with large window space.
Outside, the property is approached by 2 sets of electronically operated gates, where a gravel driveway serves the double garage and main entrance to the house. To the rear, a raised deck with glazed balustrading is ideal for summer entertaining and takes full advantage of the extensive views. The mature grounds extend to about 0.8 of an acre and enjoy a southerly aspect.
Situated on the West Sussex/Surrey borders, the origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 21/2 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse. There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit:
* 6 BEDROOMS
* 5 RECEPTION ROOMS
* BESPOKE KITCHEN
* CHARMING PERIOD FEATURES
* BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED
* O.8 AN ACRE PLOT
* SOUTHERLY ASPECT
* NO ONWARD CHAIN