Dormans Park - £1, RH19 2NG
* Portico Entrance, Front door to:
* Elegant Entrance Hall, amtico flooring, wide staircase to first floor
* Cloakroom, hand basin, low level WC, amtico flooring
* Triple Aspect Drawing Room, attractive Minster stone fireplace, amtico flooring, double and single door to decking
* Dining Room, feature carved hardwood and marble fireplace, bay window, double doors to terrace decking
* Sitting Room, wood burning stove, double doors to kitchen and double doors to terrace
* Kitchen/Breakfast/Living Area, bespoke design of ‘Mobalpa’ units, fully integrated with Bosch equipment including induction hob, 2 ovens, 2 warming drawers, combination microwave, coffee machine, dishwasher, work surface height fridge, full height fridge and separate freezer, ‘Royal Sovereign’ wine freezer. Sink also incorporates a boiling water tap. A kitchen cupboard houses central hard wiring point for ‘Sonos’ sound system, which serves speakers in kitchen and outside deck. Double doors to terrace decking.
* Utility Room, fitted sink and store cupboard, door to garden, stairs down to:
* Cinema Room, on lower ground floor (approached from separate staircase from entrance hall, with useful wine/store area). Cinema has Bosch integrated work surface height fridge. Windows overlooking garden
* Galleried Landing
* Master Suite, extensive range of built-in wardrobes, double doors to balcony. En-suite bathroom, white suite, shaped bath, his and hers ceramic bowl sinks, double shower compartment, low level WC
* 6 Further Bedrooms, 2 with en-suite shower rooms
* Family Bathroom with contemporary white suite
* Shower room
* Alarm system fully maintained by ADT (purchaser to apply for monitoring/maintenance contract)
* Solar panels, supplementing hot water system
* Millboard composite decking, outside speakers for Sonos system, outside lighting and power
* Space and power for hot tub (not included in sale) to side of property
* Southerly aspect and open views
* Steps down to lower terrace and lower lawn
* Double Garage, pitched tiled roof, store room to rear
* Total plot size extends to approximately one third of an acre
Constructed in the late 19th century, this represents an opportunity to acquire one of the original houses in Dormans Park. The property has been the subject of a programme of considerable refurbishment by the present owners, yet retains features typical of the period, including high ceilings, ornate coving to principle reception rooms, open fireplaces, dado rails and large areas of window space, which are now double glazed. At the heart of the house is the stunning ‘L’ shaped and integrated kitchen-breakfast-living area, which opens onto the rear terrace. The extensive accommodation, which is well presented, is circa 5,000 sq ft and on the lower level includes an area currently arranged as a cinema room. There is a system of gas fired central heating (two boilers in roof space) and all of these features contribute to an ideal family home of character.
Outside, the property is approached by a carriage driveway, with 2 sets of high wrought iron electronically operated gates, leading to the brick built double garage. The drive is flanked by an area of lawn and there is also a paved terrace. Two separate gates provide access to the rear garden, which has a southerly aspect and where there is a fabulous, full width ‘Millboard’ deck with glazed panels, taking advantage of the open views. There are steps down to a lower terrace, all of which create a perfect outside entertaining area.
The property occupies a commanding position within Dormans Park, on high ground, with a sunny southerly aspect to the rear. The origins of the park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse.
There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit our own dedicated site: