Dormans Park, Sussex/surrey Borders, RH19 2NH
With spectacular views across its own land, an abundance of space and state of the art design that focuses on the latest in modern concepts, the property is constructed to take advantage of the commanding location.
Large areas of glass seemlessly take living accommodation into the outdoor environment and optimise the uninterrupted views. A wide westerly terrace is ideal for al fresco entertaining. Family requirements have been carefully considered and this includes a large indoor pool, as well as a 2 bedroom self contained annexe.
The fully fitted open plan kitchen is the hub of the house with both sitting and dining areas. There is an impressive flame effect glass fronted fireplace. Designed by the renowned local architect Gary Turner with many outstanding features, the attention to detail creates a truly individual home.
* Completely self contained large 2 bedroom wing
* Indoor swimming pool and gym
* Cinema room
* Spectacular master bedroom with views from balcony over the private gardens
* 4 further bedrooms, each with en-suite bath/shower rooms
* First floor library/reading room
* Open plan living concept including spectacular kitchen/day room
* Formal sitting room with log burning fire
* Hobbies room
* Fully networked broadband
* Surround sound to all ground floor and lower ground floor areas
* Under floor heating (except first floor annexe)
* Ventilation system with heat recovery
* Passive ventilation measures for summer time comfort
* Solar PV and solar hot water panel arrays providing self energy generating capability
* Highly insulated walls using Scandinavian technology and window systems
* Thermal mass with concrete floors and steel frame
* Rain water harvesting system
* Irrigation system borrowing water from stream
* Three bay garage 8.5m x 6.1m internally, light, power, 3 electrically operated doors, personal door to side.
* Completed early in 2011 with balance of a 10 year NHBC Solo warranty
* Gross floor area of about 681.3 sq.m (7333 sq.ft)
The grounds are a particular feature of the property and extend to about 5.5 acres with ancient woodland, natural chalybeate spring, a stream, waterfalls and ponds. There are large areas of formal and informal lawns, creating a park-like setting with viewing areas, summerhouse, stable and a number of terraces which take advantage of the sun path.
The property is located in the exclusive private estate of Dormans Park on the West Sussex/Surrey borders. The origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is within about 21/2 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 21/2 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse. There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is within walking distance and provides a service to Croydon and London (approx. 50 minutes). For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this exclusive area please visit: