Dormans Park, West Sussex, RH19 2NG
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION
* Magnificent Reception Hall, Victorian fireplace, impressive central staircase
* Elegant Drawing Room, bay window, feature fireplace, doors opening to:
* Sun Room, south westerly aspect
* Dining Room, exposed flooring, fireplace, door to terrace
* Country Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Range of base units, granite work surfaces, matching wall cupboards, electric oven, ceramic hob, gas fired AGA, pantry
* Master Bedroom, period cast iron fireplace, fitted wardrobes, ensuite bathroom, dressing room
* 3 further bedrooms, one with ensuite
* Family Bathroom, separate shower cubicle
* Entrance driveway, ample car parking area, wrought iron gate to:
* Rear and side garden, raised terrace, fishpond, vegetable garden, lawns, established monkey tree, mature hedging
* Utility Room, coal/wood store, attached log store
* Home Office, and garden store
This Victorian property provides well proportioned family accommodation and fine period features which include high ceilings and open fireplaces. There is the benefit of gas fired central heating and solar panels. The gardens are a particular feature of the home with lawn, fishpond, home office, and a terrace with southerly aspect which enjoys the afternoon sun.
The property is situated at a high point in the exclusive Dormans Park. The origins of the park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live.
Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings. The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse. There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector.
For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit our own dedicated site:
* FOUR BEDROOMS
* LARGE SITTING ROOM
* DINING ROOM
* KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM
* RECEPTION HALL
* 3 BATHROOMS
* ESTABLISHED GARDENS
* DRIVEWAY PARKING
* WALKING DISTANCE TO TRAINLINE