Dormans Park, West Sussex, RH19 3NU
This well proportioned detached 5 bedroom residence is of Victorian origins and includes a self-contained one bedroom annexe. Therefore the property would be ideally suited to a family seeking separate accommodation for relatives, staff or guests. There is also the benefit of gas fired central heating from radiators. The property enjoys far reaching views over the neighbouring countryside. A feature sun terrace with summerhouse and jacuzzi is ideal for outdoor entertaining. The property is set in its own grounds of approximately 5.75 acres.
ACCOMMODATION Copy link below to see a short video:
* Entrance Lobby with oak panelled walls, tiled flooring, built in dresser unit
* Well Proportioned Kitchen with rangemaster oven, American fridge-freezer, integrated dishwasher, integrated washing machine, glass fronted cabinets. Granite and timber working surfaces
* Dining Room with bay window overlooking garden
* Double Aspect Sitting Room with impressive wood mantel and open fireplace, side bay window overlooking grounds
* Downstairs Cloakroom
* Second Hallway and sweeping staircase up to first floor landing with an arch window overlooking fields
* Double Aspect Master Bedroom with French doors onto sun terrace. Extensive wardrobes, ensuite bathroom with wet style shower, oval bath, WC and twin vanity unity
* 4 further bedrooms
* Family Bathroom
* Self Contained Annexe including bedroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom, as well as a small area of patio
* Double Garage, sweeping gravel driveway providing ample car parking space
* Summerhouse with light and power, adjacent sun terrace with jacuzzi
* Grounds of about 5.75 acres, which comprise an area of gardens immediately adjacent to the house, the remainder of the land being primarily pasture
Situated on the West Sussex/Surrey borders, the origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The property is situated in a prominent position on the eastern entrance to Dormans Park. It is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Dormansland village is about 1 mile with village amenities and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse.
There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is only a 3 minute drive, being just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit: www.dormanspark.com
* 5 BEDROOMS
* LARGE SITTING ROOM
* DINING ROOM
* 2 BATHROOMS
* SELF CONTAINED ANNEXE
* BEAUTIFUL GARDENS
* 5.75 ACRES
* PRIVATE ESTATE