Dormans Park - £1, RH19 2LW
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION
* Entrance Hall/Conservatory, 2 established Camellia trees, folding doors to garden
* Double Aspect Dining Room, open fireplace, ornate architraving, arched window with views over pond, towards lake
* Family Room, woodburning stove
* Kitchen/Breakfast Room, extensive range of wall & base cupboards in a classic style with marble work surfaces. Butler’s sink, equipment space, high fireplace surround with gas Aga. Breakfast bar, limestone tiled floor.
* Utility Room, sink unit, cupboard with gas fired boiler
* Cloakroom, low level WC, hand basin
* Games Room, limestone tiled floor, storage cupboards
* Ground floor bedroom, en-suite shower
* Sun Room, folding doors to balcony, door to:
* Sitting/Drawing Room, recessed bay with woodburning stove and bench seating, attractive bay window, vaulted ceiling
* Bedroom Suite with access to balcony, en-suite shower and separate WC
* 2 Bedrooms
* Family Bathroom, white suite in Victorian style, including roll top bath, separate WC
* Laundry Room, sink unit, storage cupboards
* Master Suite of bedroom, in built wardrobes and eaves storage, en-suite shower room
* Landing and combined dressing area, leading to:
* Study, gallery to drawing room, bay window with views towards lake, a room for inspiration!
* Double garage, external staircase to storage room above
* Summer House, double doors to walled terrace & doors to garden
* Formal gardens, wide terrace, box hedging, steps down to large expanse of lawn, feature circular pond. Many mature specimen trees, spectacular views over neighbouring Wilderness Lake
Constructed in the late Victorian period, the property was designed by the well known architect Robert Alexander Briggs. Briggs was author of a number of publications on domestic architecture, including ‘Bungalows and Country Residences’ published in 1894, which makes reference to this property. This now represents an opportunity to acquire a fine country residence in a unique location.
There is an entrance hall/conservatory leading to an elegant dining room which flows through to the well proportioned accommodation. There is the benefit of gas fired central heating. The principle rooms enjoy a southerly aspect over the grounds, with views towards the Wilderness Lake (not part of property).
Outside, the property is approached through wrought iron gates over a carriage driveway. Adjacent to the house, there is an octagonal summer house, again with views to the lake, ideal for alfresco dining. In all, the grounds extend to about 1 acre.
In the late 1800’s, following the arrival of the railway, the Bellaggio Estate Company acquired several hundred acres of farmland and woodland, which today is known as Dormans Park. It was the intention of Bellaggio to create an ideal environment for country homes, just 28 miles from central London. This imposing property was situated in a prime position in this private park, with stunning views over the adjacent Wilderness lake.
The property is within about 2.5 miles from the old market town of East Grinstead with its wide selection of shops, stores and supermarkets. Lingfield is about 2.5 miles with local shops and the renowned Lingfield Park Racecourse. There is excellent walking and riding in the locality.
There is a good choice of schools, in both the state and independent sector. For commuters, Dormans Station is just under 1 mile away. The station provides a service to Croydon and London (about 50 minutes). For national travel by road, junction 6 of the M25 (Godstone) is about 10 miles away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
For more information on this private estate, please visit our dedicated site: