Marsh Green, Kent, TN8 5PS
* Master bedroom, jack and jill ensuite shower room
* 4 further bedrooms
* Family bathrooms
* Entrance hall
* Double aspect drawing room, open fireplace, patio door with view over lake and gardens
* Dining room
* Sitting room, large inglenook fireplace, sliding doors providing views over lake
* Kitchen opening to breakfast area
* Utility room, lobby to garden
* Oil fired central heating
* Detached agricultural barn (23m x 18m) steel framed, partly clear span with water supply. Currently with sand surface for lunging area. Tractor storage area.
* Stable yard, detached timber stable block, concrete forecourt, water and power.
* Open hay store – 6’4" x 17′
* Tack room – 11’4" x 7’11"
* Store room – 11’4" x 8’2"
* Stables 1 & 2 – 11’3" x 11’6"
* Stable 3 – 11’3" x 16’6"
* Open barn garage block 19’3" x 17’8", 2 bay open garaging, rear workshop room over, adjacent enclosed garage
* The land extends to just under 70 acres of mainly pasture, private stocked lake, formal gardens and small area of woodland (a public footpath crosses the land).
Believed to date from around the late 19th century, the
property was converted from 2 former farm worker’s
cottages and was once part of a larger estate. The
present property is now situated in just under 70 acres and
a major feature is the privacy of the location. The house
occupies a truly idealic setting overlooking a stocked
lake. The accommodation is adaptable, having the benefit
of 2 staircases either side of the property. The principal
rooms have spectacular views across the lake and own
The property will particularly appeal to those with equestrian
interests. The stable yard is a convenient distance
from the house and the agricultural barn is currently
utilised as a surfaced riding area of 23m x 18m, as well as
machinery store. There is the benefit of hacking over the
property’s own land and local bridleways.
A plan of the land is included in the brochure. The
grounds extend to approximately 68 acres (27.5
hectares). There is a public footpath which crosses the
The property is situated at the end of a long private drive,
close to the small hamlet of Marsh Green with its public
house, on the Kent and Sussex border. Edenbridge is just
over 2 miles with its pretty High Street and two railway
stations. Historic Hever, with its medieval castle and golf
course is some 4 miles distant. The larger towns of East
Grinstead (about 5 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 13
miles) both provide a wide range of shopping facilities
and amenities. Gatwick Airport is about 13 miles to the
west via the M23 and the nearby A22 gives access to the
M25 national motorway network.
London is about 30 miles. Fast and frequent mainline rail
services operate from Edenbridge Town (London Victoria
and London Bridge approximately 50 minutes),
Edenbridge (London Bridge approximately 50 minutes)
and Lingfield (London Victoria approximately 40 minutes
and London Bridge approximately 50 minutes).
Recreational amenities in the area include Lingfield Park
Racecourse, Bough Beech Reservoir for sailing and other
water sports and Chartham Park Golf and Country Club.
There is excellent walking and riding in the locality.
There are very highly regarded private schools close to the
property including Holmewood House (Tunbridge Wells),
Brambletye (East Grinstead) and Notre Dame (Lingfield).